Saturday, March 31, 2018

Chinese New Year

This Chinese New Year I went to Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand. At PolyU we have off the entire week for CNY which is basically your spring break. Traveling is ridiculously expensive during this week. My friend from CUA and I decided to go alone and travel to the three places. This is something that should have been planned before. Most people booked their trips the first week, but of course we waited and prices got more expensive. It was worth it to be able to travel to these new places.

Vietnam

The Boat trip to the village on the Mekong River.
Gooooood Morning Vietnam. On our flight to Vietnam we took Hong Kong Airlines and they upgraded us to first class. It was a great way to start our vacation! In Vietnam we went to Ho Chi Minh. I highly recommend to visit the Ho Chi Minh Museum! It was honestly one of the best museums I've ever been to. My best friends mom was born in Vietnam and her family still lived there. In Vietnam I was able to meet them. It was great to be able to meet them and hear all the stories they had of my friend and her mom! The second day there Grant and I took a tour to Upper Mekong River. Vietnam was one of my favorite places I have been to so far. They took us to a coconut candy farm, took a boat trip, as well as had delicious Vietnamese food. It was nice to see a part of Vietnam that wasn't the city. It was such a great experience I learn about the history and culture of Vietnam especially since I've heard so many stories from my friend's mom about her time during the Vietnam War and how she moved to America to have a better life. Stories like this make me extremely grateful that I live in the USA.


Cambodia
Cambodia was honestly my least favorite place I have visited. Since this trip was planned so last minute, we truly didn't have time to do research on where to go. We went to the capital Phnom Penh. We didn't do anything but walk around the city. If you are going to go to Cambodia visit Siem Reap!!


Thailand 
Thailand is the place where everyone needs to go! I wish I was able to travel all over the country and visit every part. Who knows maybe I'll come back in the future ;) Bangkok is such a fun city. It is worth it to pay to go into all of the museums and temples. The Buddhas are worth every cent. Asiatique was a fun shopping area to go that also had rides. If you're into the Hangover you need to go to Soi Cowboy! I was able to see where parts of one of my favorite movies took place. Everything was also incredibility cheap compared to the other places I have visited. While you're in Bangkok, make sure you buy a pair of elephant genie pants!! Everyone there wears them especially since it's so hot and you need to cover your body before entering temples. 



Let's see where my next adventure takes me!! 















No comments:

Post a Comment

The Great Wall- and not the Chinese Restaurant

If you are in Asia YOU MUST GO TO THE GREAT WALL OF CHINA . I have traveled all over the America's, Europe, Asia and even part of Africa...